Your iPhone does a whole lot more tha just make phone calls and receive text messages you know. Case in point, the iBGStar blood glucose meter from Sanofi-Aventis that is one sexy looking medical attachment to your favorite smartphone. While it isn’t the first of its kind in the market, the iBGStar blood glucose meter will hook up straight to your iPhone or iPod touch, where it can remain there as a permanent appendage if you want to thanks to a custom case. What does it do? Well, how about displaying all the basic information necessary on the device alongside a slew of other relevant details on the accompanying application. No idea on availability let alone pricing, since we are still waiting for the FDA to clear this puppy, but some folks have targeted a $80 price point.
Next Story: Dell Inspiron Mini 1018 arrives Stateside
- 2011-11-09: Glooko digital logbook for diabetes patients
- 2011-10-06: ePetri dish relies on smartphone to get the job done
- 2011-09-20: Phones turn to cheap stethoscopes
- 2011-06-20: iCard ECG plays nice with any iPhone
- 2010-12-30: AliveECG is iPhone attachment