While most of us have personal or work-related blogs, it’s easy to take it all for granted, now word is going around that a Saudi Information and Culture Ministry spokesperson has announced that all Saudi Arabian web publishers and online media (including blogs and forums) will need to be officially registered with the government. The move is claimed to reduce libel and defamation and isn’t intended to limit freedom of speech, though you can be sure that there will be folks who take a different view on the whole situation. How would you feel if the government required everybody to register their blogs before being able to operate it? Let us know via the comments section.
Next Story: Hyundai IT W243S 24-inch 3D LCD Monitor
- 2013-04-22: Tumblr Mobile Apps Will Now Display Ads
- 2013-01-02: Tumblr Is One Of Top Search Terms On Google
- 2011-09-27: Blogger's new Dynamic Views is hip and fresh
- 2011-09-08: Official Blogger app for iOS released
- 2011-08-18: Magnifier is Google Music's new music blog service