Savant, known for its remote app and surface touch technology, is back again with a touchscreen remote control with physical buttons. The touchscreen display portion is actually the latest Apple iPod Touch, encased into the remote’s hardware that gives it push button controls. Savant’s remote can be used to control home lighting, home theatre equipment, networked cameras, home security, and can also be used as a VoIP phone.
“Because our new remote is based upon the iPod touch, it has allowed us to leverage our iPhone/iPod touch application, our own iPBX telephony solution as well as over 200,000 apps that are available all within an elegant, lightweight user interface,” says Savant founder and CEO Bob Madonna. “Savant continues to be innovative and fast to market with technologies that broaden the capabilities of home control for consumers.
Some features of the remote include:
- 3.5-inch multi-touch display
- Dual mode communication, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi wireless and RF
- 18 backlit buttons with key transport keys
- Available in black or white
- Can receive wireless video from network cameras
- VoIP calling over Wi-Fi
- Tabletop docking station charger
- Supports video conferencing via FaceTime