Sling Media has just released its R2 home-control interface which will specially cater for Crestron’s automation systems. The utilization of the Android operating system will help maintain a level of openness which allows developers to use the hardware in selected ways which currently remain restricted on iOS-powered devices. This home-automation app running on Google’s mobile platform will be able to turn on the display and present images from surveillance security cameras in a jiffy the moment a doorbell rings or security sensor trips. This Android app was spotted running on a Samsung Galaxy Tab and will play nice with existing Creston development tools. There is no launch date of the R2 interface just yet.
- 2014-04-14: FINsix Announces Dart, The Smallest Laptop Charger
- 2014-04-14: Nature Documentary Being Filmed Specifically For The Oculus Rift
- 2014-04-14: Reporter Assaulted For Wearing Google Glass In Public
- 2014-04-13: Mobile Fab Bicycle Delivers 3D Printing On Taiwan's Streets
- 2014-04-13: AUO 5.7-Inch WQHD AMOLED Display Spotted