Smith Electric has released new electric truck prototypes taht will supplement battery power with a hydrogen fuel cell. As a result, you get the first hybrid truck with zero tailpipe emissions in the world. At present, the majority of hybrid trucks rely on a diesel engine for trunk roads, while switching over to battery power during the last few miles of the journey. This Smith Newton offering will instead use pure battery power to propel it up to 120 miles (192km) on a single charge. Sounds good enough to see action in as city center deliveries, airports and street or building maintenance. The idea of incorporating an onboard hydrogen fuel cell to juice up the batteries delivers the potential to increase the electric truck’s daily range.
- 2014-02-25: Motorola’s Google Smartwatch Prototype Spotted
- 2013-09-03: Acer Extend Prototype Spotted
- 2013-07-25: Google Could Work On A Different Set Top Device
- 2013-07-03: Bing Maps Spots Prototype Russian Fighter Jet
- 2013-04-19: Mystery Samsung Model Leak Turns Out To Be Galaxy S4 Developer Prototype