Best Buy’s holiday preview might have accidentally unveiled Sony’s Google TV launch ahead of schedule, as the BRAVIA NSX-46GT1 was on show, displaying its 46-inch edge-lit LED display. The TV uses a USB adapter to hook up to a Wi-Fi network when there isn’t a wired Ethernet connection and works very much like a reference Google TV unit. The TV includes universal TV/Web searching and Chrome browsing, not to mention quick access to sites such as Amazon and YouTube. A separate Google TV box was also on display at the event, but it wasn’t mentioned if this was a dedicated Sony device or something else like the Logitech Revue. Sony’s Google TV is expected to be officially introduced at Sony’s October 12th event.
Next Story: HP Slate 500 Pictured Again
- 2014-04-23 Russia ‘Anti-Terrorism’ Laws Might Make Skype, Gmail, Facebook Illegal
- 2014-04-23 Google Street View Lets You Perform ‘Time Travel’
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-22 Nest Thermostat Is Now Available From The Play Store
- 2014-04-21 Nest Thermostat Briefly Spotted On Google Play
- 2012-02-20 Sony Google TV now rooted by GTV Hacker
- 2011-09-09 Sony shows off Honeycomb Google TV
- 2010-04-29 Sony Gearing Up To Launch Google TV In May
- 2010-10-05 Sony's Google TV Controller Appears On ABC Nightline
- 2010-11-03 Rumor: Google TV Coming to Sony Playstation 3?