Yesterday, Twitter users had another round of attacks on their accounts after getting infected by a worm that posted sexual messages on victims’ profiles. Tweets that came in bearing the message “WTF” with a link in tow will automatically generate a post from the victim with a pornographic message when clicked. The moral of the story? Never simply click illegitimate links, unless you are looking at a trusted and secure site. It is expected that the impact will not be as widespread as last week’s onMouseOver worms. According to Twitter, this malicious link has been disabled, which translates to having the exploit fixed. Kudos, Twitter!
- 2014-04-22 NYPD Twitter Effort Ends Up As A Disaster
- 2014-04-22 ‘Speed’ Movie Recreated On Twitter
- 2014-04-22 Twitter Could Help Predict Crime
- 2014-04-18 Twitter Parody Account Results In Police Raid At Home
- 2014-04-17 Twitter Introduces 'App Install' Ads