In just a short period of life, it seems that Verizon Wireless may be discontinuing the Motorola Droid 2, the first handset to launch with Android 2.2 and Adobe Flash 10.1 Froyo out the gate. However, the Droid 2 will still live on. In the same for factor as the original CDMA-only Droid 2, Verizon Wireless will instead be offering the Droid 2 World Edition, which will come complete with SIM card support for globe-trotting world travelers who need to stay connected while abroad. While the World Edition version hasn’t yet launched, the device may launch soon once the carrier depletes inventory of the non-World Edition models. When that happens, perhaps, the World Edition will launch at the same price point as the original Droid 2 to fill the gap.RELATED
- Vivo Sends Out Invites For Xplay 3S Event In China
- Oppo Teases Find 7 As "Coming Soon"
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite Reportedly Enters Production
- Samsung Loses iOS Embargo And Request For Damages In South Korea
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Follow: Android, droid 2, flash, froyo, Motorola, motorola droid 2, Verizon,
- Seen at: boygeniusreport