Those who want to extend their iOS devices beyond the media files supported by Apple’s own QuickTime player on the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch are in luck as Applidium has released a build of the popular VLC media player for the iPad with an iPhone version set to arrive soon. VLC has been a popular media player on the Mac and PC platform as it offers robust support for a number of different video file formats, including AVI, WMV, MP4, and others. Many are speculating that the addition of the VLC player to the Apple App Store has been a result of Apple’s more lenient revision of its policies with developers, but whatever the case may be having support for more file formats will help save users the headache of having to convert their existing videos to make them compatible with their Apple devices.
- Analyst Thinks iPhone 5c Is A Flop Because Of iPhone Cases
- 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- Corning Executive Names Sapphire As Expensive, Heavy And Environmentally Unfriendly
- Nanyang Girls’ High School In Singapore Uses iPad As Learning Aid
- Ember iPhone Case Will Help Improve Your Phone's Flash