If you think that regular locks aren’t good enough to protect your hoard of gold perhaps the fancy new locks that Yale is demonstrating at CEDIA might tickle your fancy. Yale has two models on demo, one of which sports a capacitive touchscreen. These locks can use either Zigbee or Z-Wave to communicate with Control4 home automation and you’ll even be able to remotely lock or unlock your doors. Both models will begin to ship next spring with the touchscreen version setting you back $399 while the regular button version costing $299.
Next Story: New Palm Models P102UNA And P102EWW Mentioned
- 2011-11-11: Sprint begins to lock iPhone 4S SIMs from today onwards
- 2011-10-12: Küat Racks Bottle Lock guaranteed to fool some
- 2011-05-18: Lockitron turns your phone into a door key
- 2011-04-14: SimpliciKey Remote Control Electronic Deadbolt makes opening doors a breeze
- 2011-01-24: Send a text to open a door