Acer has gone ahead and announced its Liquid Metal Android 2.2 smartphone following an earlier leak that we had reported. The phone will carry 3.6-inch display, be wrapped in metal, and have curved top and bottom edges. It will run Google’s Froyo of Android and will utilize a Qualcomm 800 MHz processor, similar to that found on the HTC Desire Z and the T-Mobile G2 for the U.S. market. Additionally, the Liquid Metal will also have a WiFi b/g/n radio, support for 14 Mbps HSDPA networks, and a 5-megapixel camera with flash and 720p HD video recording. DLNA is also supported and Acer has also included Dolby support, like on the Nokia N8. Tethering is also supported out of the box.
There will be two color variations for the phone. The brown version will ship in November in the UK while a silver version will be coming in December. Both iterations will be priced at Â£299 and will feature the company’s Breeze user interface.RELATED
- BlackBerry Interim CEO In It 'For The Long Haul'
- European Commission Gives Its Blessing To Microsoft-Nokia Deal
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Apparently Pegged For April 2014
- Recent Sensor Issues On BlackBerry 10 Devices Were Due To Corrupt Server Data
- Moto X Out Of Stock In The Blink Of An Eye
- Follow: Android, froyo,