Apple’s MacBooks use the popular MagSafe power connector that is attached via a magnet, allowing it to safely snap off in the event someone trips over the wire, potentially saving your MacBook from a deathly plunge. Now a patent application from Apple hints that its portable devices such as the iPad and iPhone might get the MagSafe power connector in the future too. That being said, it will be interesting to see how Apple pulls such a feat off, as the iPhone itself is rather light device, which means that the magnet would probably need to be less secure in order to detach easily. Would you welcome a MagSafe power connector for your iPhone or iPad?RELATED
- OS X 10.9.1 Seeded Out To AppleCare Staff; Public Release Imminent
- Apple Signs iPhone Deal With China Mobile
- Apple Believes They Changed The Definition Of "App"
- Apple Beats Out Dell For Most Sought After Desktop Computer For The Holiday Season
- Alleged Prototype Official iPhone 5s Case Resembles The iPhone 5c
- Follow: Apple Inc, iPad, iPhone, patent,
- Seen at: patentlyapple