As you undoubtedly already know, Apple’s iPhone has been an incredibly popular device since it was first introduced and now Strategy Analytics has come up with its latest report, listing Apple as the second largest smartphone company in the word, just behind Nokia. According to the stats, Apple had the largest increase in shipments and has surpassed RIM as the second largest smartphone seller. Such success is obviously related to Apple reaping the benefits of having good hardware, software, and a large application eco-system. If this keeps up, perhaps Apple will even overtake Nokia in the near future.
- 2013-07-11: Research In Motion Officially Renamed To Blackberry, As Per Shareholder Vote
- 2013-05-14: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Release Reportedly Slated For Later This Year
- 2013-02-04: BlackBerry Z10 Review
- 2013-01-30: BlackBerry Z10 Review Sentiment
- 2013-01-30: BlackBerry 10 Launched, RIM's Roadmap for 2013
- 2013-01-30: BlackBerry Z10 Announced
- 2010-01-24: Motorola Files Complaint Against RIM
- 2010-05-17: Is Intel Thinking Of Acquiring Infineon?