As we previously mentioned, the SHAtter exploit is capable of jailbreaking the latest Apple TV which is powered by iOS 4.1. Now a video of the jailbreaking magic in action has surfaced, confirming the possibility of jailbreaking the Apple TV and installing third-party applications. In case you aren’t familiar with it, the SHAtter exploit is a low-level bootrom exploit that Apple will not be able to patch with a new firmware, rather revised hardware will be needed in order to close off the exploit. There currently isn’t an estimated release date for this jailbreak tool, but you can be sure that it’s only a matter of time before it goes public. Video is available after the jump.
- OWC uses Elgato's EyeTV solutions for its latest media center setup
- Sanwa iPhone and iPad HDMI adapter
- Apple TV Users Complaining Of Long Wait Times And HDMI Issues
- Apple TV Showing Weird Colors On Sony And Philips TVs?
- SHAtter Exploit Is Capable Of Jailbreaking The New Apple TV
- Follow: apple tv, iOS, jailbreak, video,
- Seen at: redmondpie