Have you ever played a First Person Shooter game online? If the answer is in the affirmative, then you might have come across some opponents who seem too good to be true, they are able to fire you the moment part of your avatar’s bounding box comes into their view. This has led you to shout, “Aimbot!” but to no avail. Well, such a thing could actually be realized in our world, as Lockheed and DARPA have jointly developed a system which supposedly makes it a whole lot easier to pick off their targets by snipers. Dubbed the integrated spotter scope, it basically gives a sniper the license to shoot accurately from up to 3,600 yards away. Yikes!
- 2014-02-05 DARPA Taps IBM To Develop Self Destructing Chips
- 2013-10-17 Atlas Robot Breaks Ankle Upon Debut
- 2013-10-14 DARPA Wants Cheap Mind Reading Headset Developed
- 2013-09-12 DARPA Hydra Project Is An Unmanned Vehicle Network
- 2013-08-28 DARPA Warrior Web Suit Project