Belkin has announced its Conserve Gateway, a router system that is capable of pairing with your smart meter to provide real-time insight about your home energy use, delivering the information via a simple and elegant web interface. With the Conserve Gateway, users will be able to easily track and reduce energy use in their homes and learn conservation tips. Utility companies will even be able to push information to the Conserve Gateway with advice, such as telling the user that they will be able to save a certain amount of money by using their appliance more efficiently. The device is capable of talking to your meter and compatible devices using ZigBee, ensuring that you’ll be able to easily recoup the cost of this device via savings to your electricity bill. The Belkin Conserve Gateway is currently available, though pricing information wasn’t mentioned.
- 2014-01-05 Belkin Crock-Pot Smart Slow Cooker Announced
- 2013-10-23 Belkin Announces iPad Air Compatible Keyboard Cases And Other Accessories
- 2013-10-21 Belkin Skorpion Will Detect Malware While Recharging Your Android Device
- 2013-08-30 LEGO And Belkin Team Up For iPhone 5 Case
- 2013-07-22 Belkin WeMo Light Switch Now Available
- 2010-10-14 Belkin Conserve Gateway Visits The FCC