The Precer Group from Sweden has come up with a new vehicle which will run on alternative energy, where this rather sporty version of an ATV is powered by wood pellets. Wait a minute here – aren’t wood pellets made out of trees? Isn’t the whole idea of a green vehicle meant to save the world, and chopping down trees isn’t the method of choice? Well, let us delve deeper into its specifications first such as a 16 horsepower electric motor that is powered by a 24 to 96 volt, 100 to 400 amp-hour battery pack. This 900-pound beast has off-road capabilities which include a dual A-arm suspension in the front and a swing arm suspension in the rear. You can choose from either 2 or 4 wheel-drive configurations, and its battery power alone can have it running for up to 3 hours non-stop. As for its Stirling engine, it will require anywhere from 3 to 6 pounds of wood pellets to go for 10 miles before it won’t budge an inch after that unless you feed it with more wood pellets, of course.
- 2014-04-10 Acer Veriton Z2660G AIO Desktop Computer Unveiled
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-30 Acer Sends Out Invites For 29th April Event
- 2014-03-27 Acer Iconia One 7 Primed For A Release
- 2014-03-12 Acer Still Undecided On Windows Phone, Thinks It Needs More Marketing