Buffalo Technology has just announced its update to its popular LinkStation network storage family in the form of its high-performance V-Series line that includes the LinkStation Pro, LinkStation Pro Duo and LinkStation Pro Quad. The new V-Series family uses a 1.6GHz processor, offering users performance with network transfer speeds up to 76MB/s, touted as being twice as fast as competing network hard drives and faster than USB 2.0 storage solutions. The dual drive solution offers RAID for redundancy and data protection, not to mention a user removable quick swap hard drive for simple drive servicing without the need for tools. It also includes the free WebAccess i app for iOS devices that allows such devices to access and stream digital content from the Buffalo NAS solution. The V-Series family is DLNA CERTIFIED, enabling simple streaming to any DLNA compatible media device, such as the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Prices will range from $189.99 to $1,039.99, depending on the model, and storage capacity that you choose, and will come with a one-year warranty (though a three-year warranty would have been more welcome).
- 2014-01-07: Buffalo MiniStation Air: More Than A Portable Drive
- 2014-01-07: LinkStation 200 Is Buffalo's New Network Attached Storage Series (NAS)
- 2014-01-07: Buffalo AirStation AC 1200 Dual Band Router Brings Support For 802.11AC
- 2013-02-21: Buffalo DriveStation Carries 1GB RAM As Well
- 2013-01-07: BuffaloLink DriveStation DDR HDD Enclosure With Huge RAM Cache