In this day and age, we gotta ask ourselves – how many new devices out there which are released will actually feature Windows Embedded CE, never mind the version number? Granted, most of us probably can’t even pluck out a model number from our heads, but take notes here as you might just be called upon to answer that question (no matter how remote the chance) sometime down the road. Canon’s new HandyTerminal known as the PREa will be powered by either Windows Mobile 6.5.3 Professional (AT-100P) or Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R3 (AT-100), depending on the model you want. Both of them will feature similar hardware such as an OMAP3505 600MHz processor, 256MB RAM and 256MB of flash memory, a microSD memory card slot, a 3.5-inch QVGA display, IrDA and Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity, Wi-Fi support, and a rugged exterior that can shake off 1.5m falls even on hard concrete. Oh, it is pretty hardy in tough environments as well, thanks to its IP54 compliance. No idea on pricing, but something tells us this will be available in Japan first.
- Huawei Glory 4 Or Honor 4 Could Be Introduced Next Week
- Forbes: Windows Phone Could Overtake iOS In Due Time
- Olloclip Macro 3-In-1 Photo Lens
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- Heyday App Creates A Journal Of Your Life Without Your Input
- Follow: Canon, windows ce,
- Seen at: en.akihabaranews