In this day and age, we gotta ask ourselves – how many new devices out there which are released will actually feature Windows Embedded CE, never mind the version number? Granted, most of us probably can’t even pluck out a model number from our heads, but take notes here as you might just be called upon to answer that question (no matter how remote the chance) sometime down the road. Canon’s new HandyTerminal known as the PREa will be powered by either Windows Mobile 6.5.3 Professional (AT-100P) or Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R3 (AT-100), depending on the model you want. Both of them will feature similar hardware such as an OMAP3505 600MHz processor, 256MB RAM and 256MB of flash memory, a microSD memory card slot, a 3.5-inch QVGA display, IrDA and Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity, Wi-Fi support, and a rugged exterior that can shake off 1.5m falls even on hard concrete. Oh, it is pretty hardy in tough environments as well, thanks to its IP54 compliance. No idea on pricing, but something tells us this will be available in Japan first.
Next Story: Xbox.com website to get facelift tomorrow
- 2014-04-07: Nokia Lumia Icon Goes Up Against The Canon EOS Rebel XTi
- 2014-03-11: Canon PowerShot G1 X II Might See 9th May Release Instead
- 2014-03-07: Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Recalled Due To Allergic Reaction Risk
- 2014-03-03: Canon Doesn't See Smartphones As The Enemy
- 2014-02-28: Canon EOS M2 Will Be Arriving To The US [Updated]