Some juicy rumors regarding upcoming iPhones have surfaced, and they include the iPhone 5 and possibly a CDMA iPhone. For starters, it’s been said that the iPhone model 3,2 has hit the AP testing stage, which is the last stage before retail release, complete with the final hardware and final software. It’s expected to be a Verizon CDMA phone, but the leak mentions that it contains a SIM card slot, hinting that it could possibly be a CDMA phone that supports global roaming. Aside from that, the next-generation iPhone (we’ll call it the iPhone 5) has hit the EVT (Engineering Validation Test) stage of the development cycle, which is before the DVT (Design Validation Test). In case you were wondering, the original lost/stolen iPhone 4 was in the DVT stage. While there hasn’t been any confirmation of all these rumors just yet, it does seem that we’re slowly inching closer towards a CDMA iPhone release.
Next Story: Bose BT1R goes through FCC's hoops
- 2013-10-01 Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29 iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26 iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16 iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13 The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2011-08-23 iPhone 5 to be a world phone? (Rumors)
- 2010-08-16 iOS 4 Code Hints At Upcoming CDMA iPhone?
- 2010-09-23 Rumor: Pegatron Tasked With Manufacturing 3M CDMA iPhones
- 2010-10-06 WSJ says CDMA iPhone will arrive in early 2011
- 2010-10-14 CDMA iPhone On Its Way To India?