While you normally might not be interested in the mobile phones that are being offered in India, but word is out that Apple is in talks with Reliance Communications and Tata Teleservices to bring a CDMA version of its iPhone to India, probably the same CDMA iPhone that is rumored to be going on sale at Verizon early next year. If the reports are accurate; discussions for this deal have been going on for four to five months already. This follows news that the iPhone exclusivity arrangements are ending in both Germany and The Netherlands, meaning that O2 and Vodafone will both be offering the iPhone before the holidays, while KPN and Vodafone will be offering the iPhone over in The Netherlands, though specific dates weren’t mentioned.
Next Story: Nokia C5-03 Touchscreen Phone Launched
- 2014-03-17 Rdio Breaks Into Indian Market With Local Acquisition
- 2014-03-11 Apple Reportedly Planning On Opening Neighborhood Retail Stores In India
- 2014-03-06 Apple's Ex-CEO John Sculley To Launch Smartphone Brand In India
- 2014-01-10 Commission Election Of India Rejects Google's Services Amidst Spying Concerns
- 2013-08-26 Nokia Offers Free Data To Their Customers In India
- 2010-06-17 CDMA iPhone 4 To Ship In Q4?
- 2010-08-16 iOS 4 Code Hints At Upcoming CDMA iPhone?
- 2010-09-23 Rumor: Pegatron Tasked With Manufacturing 3M CDMA iPhones
- 2010-10-06 WSJ says CDMA iPhone will arrive in early 2011
- 2010-10-18 CDMA iPhone Hits AP Field Test Stage, iPhone 5 At EVT Testing Stage