While Google’s Android mobile OS is getting plenty of attention recently, let’s not forget that Chrome OS is also on its way. Now hints that the OS is almost ready for prime time have surfaced. Bug comments have indicated that the code is in Release Candidate (RC) status, with the build identified as 0.9.78.1, and is nearing completion. Google’s employees have also mentioned a November 11th date more than once, though it remains to be seen if this date could be the release date, or just a deadline for the product. There is speculation that it could ship a week after November 11th, putting the release at one year after its original unveiling. The Chrome Web Store is also arriving very soon, so it’ll be interesting to see if Chrome OS and Apple’s iOS will be competing against each other.RELATED
- Mystery Google Barges On A 'Hiatus'
- Google Open Gallery Paves The Way For Online Exhibitions
- LG Reveals Men Can’t Multitask Video
- Nokia Offers Indian Authorities $369 Million To Unfreeze Its Assets
- eBay CEO Believes Amazon's Delivery Drones Are A 'Long-Term Fantasy'
- Follow: chrome, Google, google chrome, rc,
- Seen at: techcrunch