Dell’s Streak tablet device did not ship with Android 2.2 Froyo as many people anticipated originally, but that’s all right since the Texas-based company has just reconfirmed that an official update will be rolling out pretty soon. Of course, this doesn’t mean that current Dell Streak owners do not already have Android 2.2 running on it – those who know how to root it would definitely have more or less given Froyo a go by now. While there was no specific date given, chances are we wouldn’t need to wait until the end of December to have it roll out. At least this Gorilla Glass-equipped device will be able to keep up with the rest of the Android-powered smartphones in terms of firmware freshness…
Next Story: Amazon offers Motorola Droid 2 for just a penny
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2011-01-20: T-Mobile Dell Streak 7 Android tablet to cost $330?
- 2011-01-17: Dell Streak 7 to be released on February 2?
- 2011-01-06: Dell Streak 10 shown at CES
- 2010-12-23: Dell 7-Inch Streak TV Commercial Ad Concept
- 2010-11-16: Dell to Offer Unlocked Dell Streak Pre-Loaded with Android 2.2 Froyo in U.S.