There are folks who think that electric cars have some trouble going the distance, and they will probably want to check out the yellow and purple Audi A2 car that recently completed a 600km trip in seven hours on a single charge. The trip was made while the heating was on and the driver even joked to reporters that they could charge their iPhones as there was still some electricity left in the car. Such a feat nets the team a new world record, which is a good step forward as most electric cars can typically go only for 60km to 70km before needing more juice. Looks like the development of electric cars is going along just nicely.
- 2014-03-18: Electric Car Batteries Could Be Used to Power Europe’s Data Centers
- 2014-03-11: Audi Traffic Light Recognition Has Fuel Saving Potential
- 2014-03-10: Audi Teams Up With AT&T To Bring 4G LTE To Cars
- 2013-12-05: Nissan Leaf Owner Arrested For Stealing Five Cents Worth Of Electricity
- 2013-09-26: DUT 13 Electric Vehicle Breaks 0-60 World Acceleration Record
- 2013-06-25: Drayson Racing Technologies Breaks World Land Speed Record For Electric Cars
- 2013-06-16: DC Fast Charging Coming To Electric Cars Soon