Google Maps is one nifty tool to have on any Android-powered smartphones, and Google’s certainly done their part in making sure the software remains updated to keep up with the times, reaching version 4.6 this time around. It boasts an enhanced design for Place page reviews, where you can now check out reviews from around the web, not to mention reviews from Google users as well. Apart from that, there is also a new feature that has something to do with the Place page, which is to filter search results by distance, ratings, neighborhood, “open now”, and “related searches.” If you’re interested to have all your software up-to-date on your Android phone, then Google Maps for Android 4.6 can be downloaded for free via Android Market, where it will run on Android 1.6 or higher smartphones.
Not only that, a new version of Latitude in Google Maps was also introduced in an experimental real-time tracker feature. This enables you to choose to “temporarily” receive live updates from individual friends, although those tracked need to have Android 2.2 or later to have their positions broadcasted. No idea on whether users are asked permission before they’re tracked, so you might want to be a bit wary there.
- Android Device Manager Mobile App Finally Released
- Analyst Thinks Cost Is Why BlackBerry Can't Shut Down Its Ailing Hardware Division
- GTA: San Andreas For iOS Released
- Japan Leads The U.S. In App Revenue
- T-Mobile iPhone Upfront Cost Now $0 For The Holiday Season
- Follow: Android, google maps, GPS,
- Seen at: googlemobile.blogspot