If your notebook’s hard drive has been overloaded with those videos that you’ve been (legally) downloading, you’ll be happy to hear that Hitachi GST has introduced a new Travelstar 5K750 5400RPM drive with a 8MB buffer, and 7K750 7200RPM drive with a 16MB buffer. The storage company is proud to lay claim to the industry’s largest drive with standard-height form factor, as Hitachi managed to cram a juicy 750GB into a conventional 9.5mm shell that will fit into most notebooks. The drive will also be available in 500GB and 640GB capacities. The 5K750 is already shipping in volume with a starting price of $129.99, while the speedier 7K750 will be arriving in Q1 of 2011.
- 2013-03-12: Hitachi Ropits Self-Driving Vehicle
- 2012-10-04: Hitachi bomb-detecting airport gate prototype unveiled
- 2012-09-24: Hitachi claims to have “forever” data solution
- 2012-05-07: Hitachi launches all-in-one data center service
- 2012-04-12: Hitachi Develops High-Efficiency Motor with no Rare Earth Materials