We covered the Windows Phone 7 launch earlier this morning, and now let us take a look at the HTC HD7 handset in closer detail. T-Mobile will be carrying the HTC HD7, so those of you who live in areas where T-Mobile’s coverage is less than optimal are going to be disappointing. It holds the distinction of having the largest display available on a Windows Phone 7 smartphone in the US at the moment at 4.3-inches, so early adopters will have something to purr about to their Android and iOS-toting friends. Microsoft aims to leverage on their Zune background by throwing in a slew of entertainment options on the HTC HD7, where among the pre-installed entertainment applications include Netflix that lets you stream thousands of movies and TV shows, T-Mobile TV that delivers access to live and on-demand TV, Slacker Radio for listening to free, personalized radio with over 130 genre stations, and Xbox LIVE for gamers who want to access Xbox LIVE features such as Friends, Avatars, Achievements and Messaging among others while on-the-go.
Not only that, the “Zune” is packed into the HD7 as well, turning this into a one-stop entertainment center. A Windows version of the iPhone, perhaps? Other hardware specifications include GPS navigation with turn-by-turn instructions, 16GB of internal memory, a 5-megapixel autofocus camera with dual LED flash and HD video recording capability. Expect the HTC HD7 to arrive Stateside this November exclusively to T-Mobile customers. Will Microsoft be able to make a mark with their new smartphone? We certainly hope so, as intense competition will deliver better results (most of the time anyways) for customers. [Press Release]
Next Story: Details of Palm Pre 2 leaked?
- 2014-04-22: HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21: HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21: HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2014-04-20: HTC Hires Former Samsung Marketing Guru
- 2011-09-27: Sprint HTC Arrive receiving Mango today
- 2011-09-16: Video calling demonstrated on the HTC TITAN
- 2011-09-07: HTC Titan and HTC Radar to be released on October 15th in the UK
- 2011-09-01: HTC TITAN and HTC Radar WP7 phones announced
- 2010-10-04: T-Mobile To Only Have One Phone At WP7 Event, Possibly The HD7