Mitsubishi Chemical Corp and Nippon Fruehauf Co Ltd have co-developed an idling air conditioning system that uses photovoltaic (PV) batteries for trucks. The system, dubbed i-Cool Solar, is slated to be commercialized in the spring of 2012. The original i-Cool system featured an air conditioner that stored electricity in a storage battery while the truck is moving and used it when the engine was not in operation. The new system installs solar panels on the container of the truck, helping to keep the storage battery fully charged. Considering that there is generally quite a large space on the top of trucks (where the hero in action movies always jump onto), it would probably be an ideal place to install solar panels.RELATED
- If Batman Loved Golf...
- Rolls-Royce To Design Ship To Transport Live Fishes
- Newsmy Navigation Announces CarPad II Android-Powered DVD Navigation Tool
- Man Willing To Sell A Testicle For A Nissan 370Z
- Nissan Leaf Owner Arrested For Stealing Five Cents Worth Of Electricity
- Follow: Solar,
- Seen at: techon.nikkeibp.co.jp