We’ve already had plenty of hints recently that Apple would be releasing an updated version of its iLife software suite, namely iLife ’11, and now BestBuy.com is listing iLife ’09 and iWork ’09 as backordered, hinting at the possibility that a refresh for those two software suites is imminent. While there hasn’t been any official word on it just yet, iLife ’11 is rumored to include 64-bit extensions, allowing the programs to better utilize the system resources of Apple’s current generation MacBooks and iMacs that already support 64-bit programs. With Apple’s media event slated for October 20, we probably won’t have to wait too much longer to see iLife ’11 arrive.
Next Story: FaceTime To Get Multi-user Video Chat?
- 2013-11-06: Apple Vows To Bring Back Missing iWork Features
- 2013-10-28: iLife, iWork, OS X Updates Will Remain Free For The Foreseeable Future
- 2013-10-23: Mac App Store Bug Lets iWork And Aperture Trial Users Upgrade For Free
- 2013-10-23: Microsoft Exec Calls Apple's iWork "Watered Down"
- 2013-09-24: iWork Causing Blue Screen Of Death For Some iOS Users
- 2011-06-26: BestBuy.com halts MacBook Air shipping, refresh is imminent?
- 2011-05-31: Apple iWork now available for iPhone and iPod Touch
- 2010-08-27: iWork 9.0.4 Update Offers ePub Exporting For iBooks