An electronics repair company claims to have gotten its hands on an iPad back casing that shows two dock connectors, indicating the possibility of an iPad that can be docked in landscape mode. It you recall, there was a patent filing from Apple going around recently detailing such a possibility, so it’s not like Apple didn’t think about it before. Still, some sources claim that this was a discarded prototype for the current model and not an indication of a replacement. Of course, there’s no real way to confirm this until Apple actually makes the announcement of the next-generation model, so it looks like we’ll have to be a bit patient again. Still, would the idea of docking your iPad in landscape mode be appealing to you? Let us know via the comments section.
Next Story: AT&T Encrypted Mobile Voice Service Announced
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2011-07-27: Next iPhone to have a slimmer, tapered back?
- 2011-03-02: iPad 2 photos leaked?
- 2011-01-17: iPad 2 display component listed online, along with vibrating motor
- 2010-01-26: Leaked Picture Of The Apple Tablet?
- 2010-01-27: Is This The Real Apple Tablet?