Tonight at 9 pm Pacific, Yahoo! will launch its revamped mail application aka Yahoo! Mail Beta. I checked it rapidly using my personal account and the design looks sleeker. In the new version, Yahoo! did a good job at integrating photo and video viewing and sharing directly from the inbox – I can tell simply by looking at the screen shots the company sent me (see the photo galleries below), it is pretty cool.
Additionally, users can see their Facebook and Twitter updates directly from the What’s new page in the Yahoo! Mail application and easily post from there.
According to Yahoo!, “this new version will be at least twice as fast for most people around the world” and the search has been improved to help users “find content in your inbox quickly and easily”.
Features includes (from the press release):
- Communicate faster and do more – Designed from the ground up to provide blazing fast performance, this new version will be at least twice as fast for most people around the world. Yahoo! Mail Beta also speeds up tools that allow people to be more productive with the time they have, by more easily finding messages from contacts or using third-party applications directly within the inbox.
- Stay connected to social networks – As a central destination for social experiences from across the Web, Yahoo! Mail Beta lets people view and share updates from Twitter, Facebook, Yahoo!, and beyond. Additional features include enhanced IM and SMS capabilities for seamless chatting and texting within Yahoo! Mail Beta.
- View photos and videos right from the inbox – Automatic slideshow features mean people can easily see photos and videos from sites like Flickr, Picasa, and YouTube from right within their email messages.
- Search through mail with ease – A new mail search tool leverages Yahoo!’s wealth of search science and technology to help people quickly find the right emails. New search refinement features allow users to easily navigate, sort, and narrow search results by sender, attachment file, date, or folder location.
- Stay protected from spam – Independently verified as the world’s #1 email provider in protecting users from spam, Yahoo! Mail Beta uses Yahoo!’s global cloud computing infrastructure to further Yahoo!’s anti-spam efforts and provide an even safer mail experience.
- 2014-04-16 Yahoo Wants To Become iOS' Default Search
- 2014-04-15 Yahoo And Vevo Partner Up For Original Music Programming
- 2014-04-07 Yahoo Planning To Acquire High-End Original Programming [Report]
- 2014-04-02 Yahoo Works On Encrypting Their Services
- 2014-04-01 Yahoo's Charge Against YouTube May Be Fuelled By $300 Million Acquisition
- 2012-05-10 Bing New Architecture: Introducing Snapshot and Social Sidebar
- 2011-09-29 [Study] Social media believed to be used by most of today's burglars
- 2011-09-15 Facebook Subscribe Button: Playing Catch-Up With Google+
- 2011-03-15 Webdoc: A Facebook On Steroids, Made in Switzerland
- 2011-03-10 RockMelt Browser now in public beta