While we’re still dreaming of a NFC (Near Field Communication) iPhone, South Korea has gone ahead and received its first phone equipped with NFC technology, thanks to KT unveiling the SHW-A170K phone using a NFC compatible USIM. An NFC phone can be used like a contactless card to make payments at supporting outlets such as companies like GS Caltex, Lotte, Dunkin’ Donuts, Baskin Robbins, and several others. The SHW-A170K includes features such as a 3-inch WQVGA touchscreen display, 3-megapixel camera, Bluetooth 2.1, T-DMB and GPS.RELATED
- BBM Shows Signs Of Popularity In India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines
- BlackBerry 10.2.1 Reportedly Launching In January 2014
- Study Finds iPhone Most Expensive In Jordan And India
- BlackBerry Interim CEO In It 'For The Long Haul'
- European Commission Gives Its Blessing To Microsoft-Nokia Deal
- Follow: kt, NFC,
- Seen at: samsunghub