While we’re still dreaming of a NFC (Near Field Communication) iPhone, South Korea has gone ahead and received its first phone equipped with NFC technology, thanks to KT unveiling the SHW-A170K phone using a NFC compatible USIM. An NFC phone can be used like a contactless card to make payments at supporting outlets such as companies like GS Caltex, Lotte, Dunkin’ Donuts, Baskin Robbins, and several others. The SHW-A170K includes features such as a 3-inch WQVGA touchscreen display, 3-megapixel camera, Bluetooth 2.1, T-DMB and GPS.
- 2014-04-13: Apple Might Consider NFC For Next Generation iPhone
- 2014-03-19: LG Debuts Washing Machine With NFC Technology
- 2014-02-23: Sony Implements FeliCa/NFC Functionality In Gemalto MicroSD Cards
- 2014-01-21: Isis NFC iPhone Payments A Possibility With Incipio Cashwrap
- 2013-12-09: Nokia BH-121 Bluetooth Stereo Headset Announced
- 2011-09-19: KT to roll out NFC iPhone 4 case