We previously heard rumblings that Android 2.2 isn’t well suited for tablet devices and now word is out that an unnamed LG official has claimed that the company will not be producing an Android 2.2 tablet, as it wants the most suitable version of Android for its tablet (which apparently isn’t Froyo). Such a move would match claims that Motorola is planning to release its Android-powered tablet with Android 3.0 too. While it’s disappointing not to be able to expect an Android-powered LG tablet at the moment, we’ll have to make do with the Samsung Galaxy Tab in the meantime, and hope that the LG tablet will make some waves when it does arrive.
Next Story: Another DIY MacBook Tablet Surfaces
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2011-05-03: ViewSonic ViewPad 10 gets Android update
- 2011-03-11: WiFi-only Samsung Galaxy Tab arriving a little too late?
- 2010-11-30: LG Star Surfaces, Running Android 2.2 Froyo And Features HDMI Port