The One Laptop per Child Foundation (OLPC) as well as Marvell have further strengthened their relationship with the latter offering OLPC with $5.6 million in order to fund development of its next generation tablet computer. The money will be used to develop a next generation tablet, or perhaps even tablets which are based on a sole chip – meaning the entire System-on-Chip (SoC) idea will be pulled off on this platform if successful. The upcoming model will be based completely on OLPC’s designs, where it is hoped to arrive in 2012. That’s still a long way off in the semiconductor world, so hopefully it will be adequately powered even by then.
- 2013-01-08: OLPC XO-4 Arriving This March
- 2013-01-08: Marvell Powers The Google TV Experience
- 2012-12-03: XO-3 Tablet Shelved, XO-4 In The Pipeline
- 2012-01-05: Marvell Armada Chip Powers Google TV 2.0
- 2011-04-04: Onkyo announces HT-RC370 and HT-RC360
- 2011-01-06: Marvell 100 series tablet
- 2011-01-06: Marvell 600 series tablet has interesting implications