Mercedes Benz aims to be a joy-killer (hello, BMW!) by throwing in iPad docks into their range of vehicles sometime in the near future in order to keep up with its Bavarian rivals. The iPad dock will be located on the headrest, allowing back seat drivers to use and recharge their iPad comfortably while they’re on the way to their next destination. Needless to say, leaning forward to touch the iPad’s display might not be the most optimal ergonomic position, but nevertheless we suppose an advantage of it being rather far away would be to prevent your face from smashing straight into it should you (touch wood) end up in a frontal accident.
Next Story: Tascam TC-1S solar-powered tuner
- 2014-03-06: Mercedes-Benz Could Offer CarPlay Installations For Older Models
- 2014-03-06: Google’s Projected Mode System Could Feature In Mercedes Benz Cars
- 2014-03-03: Mercedes-Benz To Add Android Support When Google's Car Infotainment System Is Ready
- 2014-01-07: Mercedes-Benz To Add Nest Thermostat Control In Vehicles
- 2013-07-30: Mercedes-Benz Wants To Use Google Glass To Provide A Seamless GPS Experience
- 2011-09-12: Mercedes Benz F 125 gullwing coupe concept to debut this week?
- 2011-04-07: Mercedes-Benz Concept A-class seemingly hails from the future
- 2011-03-20: Brabus updates iBusiness multimedia system to version 2.0