We had previously caught wind of the Modu T from Modu Mobile, which is a modular phone that can expand its capabilities by using various accessories. The phone itself is touted as the lightest touch phone in the world, certified by the Guinness Book of World Records, measuring in at 1.8-inches by 2.9-inches and sports a 2.2-inch resistive touchscreen. The phone offers a variety of accessories that have a “fy” suffix, such as the camerafy accessory that turns the Modu T into a 5-megapixel compact camera, or a sportify accessory that attaches the phone to a sports armband for your exercise routines. The boostify accessory offers a speaker enabling you to use it for hands-free calling or listening to music. A textify QWERTY keyboard is also available to help you type out those lengthy emails. The Modu T comes pre-installed with apps such as YouTube, Google search, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, TuneWiki, eBuddy, and Snaptu, not to mention a 2GB microSD card that can be swapped out for a 32GB version. An Android-powered version with Wi-Fi, dubbed the Modu W is also in development and is slated to launch next year. Expect the Modu T to launch soon in various countries, though pricing for the phone and its accessories have yet to be announced.
Next Story: Hyundai IT unveils 70-inch table monitor
- 2013-09-16: Fairphone Is First Fair Trade Smartphone In The World
- 2013-08-26: Instant Pizza Button On Your Hotel Phone
- 2013-07-23: Samsung Phone Runs On Urine
- 2013-07-10: Toddler Purchases Vintage Car By Accident Over Dad's Phone
- 2013-04-12: Phone Camera Assists Medical Field Again
- 2010-05-15: Asus And Modu Planning A Netbook With Removable Phone?
- 2010-10-04: Modular Android-powered Modu T-Phone To Be Announced On Oct 10