Apparently many folks out there don’t enjoy having to go to the bank in order to deposit a check, as PayPal seems quite happy to announce that more than $100,000 of checks have been received by PayPal’s updated iPhone app in the first 36 hours. The new app allows users to deposit checks without having to go through the usual hassle of going to a bank, instead relying on the camera of the iPhone to capture the necessary information on the check. Sounds like a useful innovation.
Next Story: Sprint to offer Samsung Galaxy Tab for $399?
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-03: Galaxy S5 First To Support PayPal Fingerprint Payment Authorization
- 2014-02-25: PayPal To Support Fingerprint Authorization For Payments Via Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-02-19: Samsung MWC 2014 Event May Unveil Partnership With PayPal
- 2014-01-30: PayPal Wants In On Apple's Rumored Mobile Payments Service [Report]
- 2010-03-15: PayPal Now Allows iPhone Users To Bump To Make Payments
- 2010-03-17: Paypal Send Money App for iPhone - Version 2.0