When Microsoft introduced its Tag 2D barcodes it already had a rather tough challenge with the popularity of various QR codes. That being said, the software giant has done a pretty good job and has announced that a juicy 2 billion Tags have been printed since the January 2009 launch, with 1 billion of those Tags printed in the past four months. Tag is also doing quite well in the publishing circles as it’s touted as the publishing industry’s preferred 2D barcode technology. A study is also slated to be released in early November that claims Microsoft Tags were used more than 80 percent of the time in more than 100 magazines that contained 2D barcode campaigns in advertising or editorial content.
Next Story: FTC Drops Google Street View Inquiry
- 2013-11-07: Microsoft Demonstrates Xbox One Kinect QR Code Redemption [Video]
- 2013-07-02: Xbox One Kinect Will Recognize Redeemable QR Codes
- 2013-06-24: QR Codes On Sushi Provide Customers With Additional Information About Their Food
- 2013-05-28: Mercedes-Benz Is Hoping These QR Codes Will Help Save Lives
- 2013-02-25: MasterCard MasterPass Helps You Buy Stuff Without Needing A Register
- 2011-08-10: Bikinis with barcodes makes for an interesting ad platform