Netflix has made it known to the masses earlier this morning that they will deliver 5.1-channel surround sound for its Internet streaming component, otherwise known as Dolby Digital Plus. This would be be embedded in movies, delivering any supporting title additional audio depth which will literally be music to your ears. According to Netflix, they intend to have a format which would play nice with as many devices as possible. The Sony PS3 will be first in line to receive Dolby surround in Netflix, where it ought to go live this coming October 18th, which might also be the day Netflix offers disc-free support on the PS3. While other hardware should receive similar support in due time, nothing specific was listed down although we would definitely love to have Mac and Windows computers alongside the Xbox 360 make the cut.
Next Story: Huawei Ideos to be known as T-Mobile Comet
- 2014-04-14: Netflix Speeds On Comcast See Massive Improvement
- 2014-04-08: Amazon Says Instant Video Has Surpassed Hulu And Apple
- 2014-04-08: Netflix 4K Streaming House Of Cards Kicks Off
- 2014-04-02: Hulu Looks To Cash In On The Binge Watching Frenzy
- 2014-04-02: Netflix Launch In France Might Hinge On A Technicality