Murdoch’s News Corp has decided to kill off their rather glitzy “Digital Planet” newspaper app project that will target tablets, citing lack of interest and cost as the main reasons behind that action. What does this mean for the layperson? Well, you will no longer be able to enjoy a one-stop app for all newspapers. Instead, Rupert Murdoch intends to reassign staff working on “Project Alesia”, as it is called, to other departments and perhaps even projects. It looks as though digital newspapers might still have a long way to go before they become mainstream, if ever. Do you think that a digital newsstand has a future?
Next Story: TV studios block Google TV due to privacy issues
- 2011-07-19: LulzSec is back and hacks into The Sun's website
- 2011-02-02: The Daily iPad-only newspaper launched
- 2011-01-27: The Daily iPad newspaper to be launched on Feb 2nd
- 2011-01-26: The Daily iPad app to cost you $0.99 per week
- 2011-01-13: The Daily iPad newspaper delayed for several weeks