Just how paranoid is North Korea? The correct answer would be “overly”. This reclusive communist nation was speculated to use vehicle-mounted GPS jamming devices which are capable of covering anywhere from 50 to 100 kilometers with a blanket, rendering GPS signals useless under this “territory”, according to a South Korean defense minister. These GPS jamming devices were purportedly imported from Russia, although there was no confirmation on just how many of these GPS jammers are available and in operation at the moment. Should we be overly worried? Tourists need not fret if they’re going to visit North Korea, after all, most of the tours there are conducted only in restricted areas, so there is no need for a GPS navigation system to help you get around on your own.
- 2014-04-14 Lechal Smart Shoes Update
- 2014-04-08 Toyota Sports Drive Logger Replays Circuit Runs At Home
- 2014-04-02 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS Sport Watch Announced
- 2014-03-27 Magellan SmartGPS 5390 Announced
- 2014-03-06 HereO Watch Helps Parents Keep Tabs On Their Kids
- 2011-09-07 North Korea GPS jamming device has 100km range