OnLive’s cloud gaming service has just become very much more appealing as it has been confirmed that the previous monthly fee will be scrapped and you won’t need to use your credit card unless you decide to purchase a 3-day, 5-day, or Full PlayPass. A promotion was previously available that waived the monthly fee for the first year, but this announcement confirms that they believe the service can continue without a monthly fee beyond the first year. Now that the usage base has grown large enough and they are able to better estimate usage patterns, the company seems confident enough to offer such a deal. Sounds pretty good, doesn’t it?
- 2012-11-15: LG G2 Series HDTV gets OnLive Cloud Gaming
- 2012-08-19: OnLive to continue operations under new management [official]
- 2012-08-19: OnLive Game Streaming Company Goes Under
- 2012-07-27: OnLive will be available on OUYA at launch
- 2012-07-17: OnLive Universal Controller to support Nexus 7 tablet soon
- 2010-03-11: OnLive Game Service out this June 17
- 2010-03-16: Gaikai cloud-based gaming