Palm rumors have started to heat up recently with the discovery of a P102 in a certification database, and now a tipster has revealed that Palm is working on a new device, though it isn’t entirely clear if the device is related to the P102 or not. This new device is currently codenamed “mansion”, will apparently sport an 800 x 480 pixel display, and lack a physical keyboard, which should be an interesting development, since the Palm Pre and Palm Pixi currently sport physical keyboards, and that virtual keyboard code was discovered in webOS 2.0, though it was assumed that it might be for the upcoming PalmPad tablet. Will this be a powerful touchscreen-only webOS 2.0 phone that will be challenging the likes of the iPhone and other powerful Android devices?
Next Story: Verizon Announces The Rugged Casio G'zOne Ravine
- 2014-01-23: Qualcomm Buys Palm and IPAQ Patents
- 2013-02-25: LG Acquires webOS From HP For Use In Smart TVs
- 2012-04-18: Oracle considered buying RIM or Palm at some point
- 2012-01-29: Rubinstein bids HP goodbye
- 2011-12-09: webOS 2.2.4 update rolling out to Pre 2 phones