[CEATEC 2010] OLED displays are just about to get into devices like camcorders, thanks to this micro-display. Such displays using LCD or even DLP (for different applications) are common, but OLED one might be just about to take over. Among the key advantages we can think of, OLED should use a few less layers, and probably generate less heat. We’re not even talking about image quality advantages like better contrast and saturation… there are really no downsides to using OLED for this type of applications — except for the price, maybe.
- 2014-04-10: BMW OLED Laser Lights To Shape The Future Of Vehicle Lighting Systems
- 2014-01-06: LG Gallery OLED EA8800: Slim And Smart 55 HDTV
- 2013-12-31: Samsung Rumored To Increase OLED Panel Production Capacity By 33% In 2014
- 2013-12-02: Samsung Flexible OLED TV Rumored To Be Unveiled At CES 2014
- 2013-10-02: Sony 56-inch 4K OLED Prototype
- 2012-01-20: OLED display with built-in solar cells
- 2010-10-03: TDK has new flexible passive matrix OLED panel