Rumors of a Sony PSP2 have been going around for some time already, and now some details of this upcoming console have surfaced. According to reports, Sony held a private meeting at its office to show off the PSP2. If the reports are accurate, the device will feature a touch panel at the back, resembling a large notebook trackpad. The display of the console will be sharper than the current PSP while being an inch larger with Sony touting the display as “HD”. The hardware of the console apparently has not been finalized as Sony is still finding the balance between battery, power and heat, with overheating issues still apparent. Rumors point that the PSP2 will be released in the fall of 2011, though Sony hasn’t given any official indication on this issue just yet.
Note: Picture above is just a render and not the PSP2.
Next Story: Logitech Revue Teardown
- 2013-05-02: Google Smartwatch Patent Hints At Device With Dual Touchpads
- 2012-10-10: Logitech Wireless Rechargeable Touchpad T650 prepares for invasion
- 2012-09-26: Android for HP TouchPad now has front camera working
- 2012-08-06: CyanogenMod 10 gets ported onto the HP TouchPad unofficially
- 2012-03-15: webOS 3.0.5: More source code to be released by HP
- 2011-06-06: PS Vita will almost certainly be the NGP's new name
- 2011-06-01: More 'proof' supports NGP's new name is PS Vita
- 2011-04-23: Will Resistance use the NGP's camera to pick up weapons?
- 2011-04-15: NGP still on track for a 2011 release
- 2010-11-28: Sony Patents Back Touchpad Support, Possibly For The PSP2?