Samsung’s Galaxy Player could very well live up to the fabled tag of being an iPod killer, with its specific target being the iPod touch. Yes sir, this could seriously challenge Apple’s dominant position in the world of portable media players – don’t believe us? Take a look at this 2 minute plus video and let us know what you think. After all, it is powered by Android 2.1, sporting a 2-megapixel camera, a choice between 8GB or 16GB of internal memory with a microSD memory card slot to augment that figure just in case it isn’t enough. Throw in an integrated FM radio, GPS navigation, Wi-Fi connectivity, a 3.2-inch display and built-in DivX support, and you’ve got more or less a winner on your hands. Of course, there is always the option to hop on the Android Market – now how about that? While it hasn’t been announced for the US just yet, it will retail for 200 Euros outside of the States.
Next Story: Color Nook version ready to hit the market?
- 2012-08-20: Alleged Samsung Galaxy Player photo surfaces, sports whopping 5.8" display
- 2011-10-18: Galaxy Player 4.0 and 5.0 now available
- 2011-10-18: iPhone screenshot spotted in Samsung Galaxy Player promo?
- 2011-08-31: Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 3.6 to hit IFA 2011
- 2011-08-04: Skytex Primer Pocket Android portable media player
- 2011-03-30: Samsung Galaxy Player arrives at the FCC
- 2011-03-16: Samsung Galaxy Player officially announced
- 2010-09-03: Samsung Galaxy Player 50 portable media player