Samsung has been busy working to support the WiMAX 2 standard and the Korean company is busy demonstrating what WiMAX 2 can do at CEATEC in Japan. The new mobile WiMAX standard is based on IEEE 802.16m that offers faster, more efficient data communication, and is compatible with already deployed Mobile WiMAX solutions, making it easier for operators to migrate to the new standard. Samsung and UQ Communications are already demonstrating full HD 3D videos and 16 full HD videos on four large-format displays at the same time using the WiMAX 2 trial system, which is capable of achieving speeds of up to 330Mbps. The WiMAX 2 standard is expected to be finalized by next month with the first commercial solution slated for the end of 2011.
- Man Breaks Guinness World Record By Typing With His Nose
- Video Of Kids Reacting To A Rotary Phone Might Make You Feel Old
- Flexcoin Shuts Down After Over $600,000 Of Bitcoins Were Stolen
- Couple Tries Saving Flat Screen TV While Apartment Burns
- Samsung Oscars Selfie Retweets Matched With Equal Donation To Charities