Apple is obviously proud of its 960 x 640 pixel iPhone 4 Retina Display at the moment, but it might have some serious competition soon as Sharp has just introduced its IS03 Android-powered phone over in Japan with a 960 x 640 pixel 3.5-inch display with Advanced Super View (ASV) technology that offers viewing angle benefits similar to that of IPS panels. Other juicy features include a 9.6-megapixel autofocus camera with image stabilization, one-seg TV tuner, Osaifu-Keitai (for contactless payments in Japan). The phone will be available on KDDI and won’t be sold outside of Japan, but since it supports Global Passport CDMA, it can support US CDMA networks, paving the path for someone to import said phones. The bad news is that it’s powered by Android 2.1, but with its impressive display and camera, you can bet that some folks are willing to overlook the slightly older version of Android.
Next Story: HTC Mozart To Launch In UK Late October
- 2014-04-07: Sharp Aquos Xx 302Sh Packed To The Brim With Features
- 2014-03-11: iPhone 4 Gets New Lease On Life With iOS 7.1
- 2014-02-05: iPhone 4 Production Resumed For Select Markets [Report]
- 2014-01-21: Apple iPhone 4 Relaunched In India
- 2014-01-14: 8GB iPhone 4 Reportedly Launching In India To Boost Sales
- 2013-10-07: KDDI Winter Smartphone Range Sees LG isai, Fujitsu Arrows Z, Kyocera Digno M, And Sharp Aquos Series Debut
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2010-05-17: KDDI Shows Its Summer Phone Line-up In Japan
- 2010-08-22: webOS 2.0 Device With A 960 x 640 Pixel Display On Its Way?
- 2010-10-05: Apple's New iPhone 4 Ad Highlights The Retina Display