Sharp is going to take full advantage of CEATEC that is now happening in Japan by unveiling a new high definition LCD display that measures 64-inches across diagonally, where this prototype will boast a resolution of 4096 by 2160 pixels – that is four times higher than that of current high-definition displays. This marks the first time that an LCD has been produced with a resolution this high. Sharp decided to go ahead with this prototype display in order to keep up with changes in the motion picture industry, since studios are migrating from film to digital media – hence the increase in resolutions as well. How will the home user benefit in the end? Only time will tell.
- 2013-10-03 TDK Heat-Assisted Magnetic Recording Boosts HDD Capacity (HAMR)
- 2013-10-03 Mitsubishi Car Display System Sports Free Form Screen
- 2013-10-03 This Nissin Cup Noodle Has Touched The Allspark!
- 2013-10-03 NTT docomo Showcases Dragon Quest Metal Slime Smartphone
- 2013-10-03 Mazda Shakin’ Racer App Gives Your Arm A Workout
- 2013-10-02 Sharp Smart/Sweet Home
- 2010-10-04 Sharp to announce a 3D smartphone
- 2010-10-04 Android Sharp IS03 with Retina Display, hands-on