In a conference call with investors, Sony Ericsson’s CEO has confirmed that the company will be focusing on bringing out Windows Phone 7 (WP7) devices from 2011. Despite the introduction of WP7 devices, it will still continue to develop Android handsets and estimates that Sony Ericsson commands about 19 percent of the revenue share of the Android market. That being said, analysts believe that Sony Ericsson is making a mistake by waiting until next year to bring out a WP7 phone, considering that competitors such as HTC, LG, and Samsung are already doing so now.
Next Story: AT&T Sells iPads Directly To Businesses
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2011-10-27: Sony Ericsson is now just Sony
- 2011-10-06: Sony to buy Ericsson's stake in Sony Ericsson joint venture?
- 2010-09-28: Sony Ericsson LiveView 1.3-inch Android Accessory