In a conference call with investors, Sony Ericsson’s CEO has confirmed that the company will be focusing on bringing out Windows Phone 7 (WP7) devices from 2011. Despite the introduction of WP7 devices, it will still continue to develop Android handsets and estimates that Sony Ericsson commands about 19 percent of the revenue share of the Android market. That being said, analysts believe that Sony Ericsson is making a mistake by waiting until next year to bring out a WP7 phone, considering that competitors such as HTC, LG, and Samsung are already doing so now.
Next Story: AT&T Sells iPads Directly To Businesses
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2011-10-27 Sony Ericsson is now just Sony
- 2011-10-06 Sony to buy Ericsson's stake in Sony Ericsson joint venture?
- 2010-09-28 Sony Ericsson LiveView 1.3-inch Android Accessory